Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Re-inventing mummy

So, who do I want to be? I wonder how many of other mummies sit and ponder this question? I wonder if any of us have time? I've been trying to eek out some time to think about it over the past 24 hours - but alas getting up about six times to a teething 20month old last night has chased away most of my thinking ability. The joys of living in the mummyhood.

As a little side note (my brain gets very choppy when I'm sleep deprived, struggling to keep on topic) my girlfriend is expecting her sixth (yup that right 6th - not a typo) child next week. What a women she is! And I'm on standby to mind the other 5 when the big event occurs. Now that's one little adventure awaiting me. Secretly hoping she won't go into labour in the middle of the night. I'm so selfish about my sleep these days.

Right, back to me and who I want to be. Well I guess I want to be content, self-fulfilled and creatively and spiritually satisfied. Hmmm yeah - not to much to ask surely (lol). Right now it seems eight millions miles away, because just a moment alone would suffice most days in my house. Do everyone's kids follow them into the loo? And do other mummies get sick of hearing the word mummy. (Actually I do know a mummy who gets her kids to call her Barbara when she can't stand the M word anymore - miht have to try it).

Wait - this is not supposed to be a sleep deprived whinge session. I guess the re-invention will have to wait .......at least until another REM cycle has been achieved.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on that one. I'm gonna be 37 next month and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.=)

    ...Here's hoping you'll get some decent shut eye.XO

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz