Saturday, January 2, 2010

Confessions of a Try Hard Super Mummy

I really do want to be a great mum – but not at the expense of losing me. So, this little blog is me putting my foot down and saying ‘Woe up Nellie’ – the Try Hard Super Mummy Train is slowing down!


On the note I’ve been checking out a few other mummy blogs. There are so many blogs that it's almost overwhelming and a little intimidating. Many look so professional and pretty. I spent hours last night trying to add a pretty border to mine - but just couldn't work out how to do it. (Gave up in frustrationin the end.) I'm amazed at the quality and input on some of the other mummy minded blogs. I'm left in a bit of a spin at the amount of energy these other mummies must have. How do you raise children, keep a house running, work part-time, run a regular blog and still sound so energetic. Some of them even have kids with special needs!! The truth about this mummy is that my time feels stretched continually. Finding a balance where I'm allowed to squeeze in a little time for something 'me focused' is in itself a full-time job.

I guess that's what I'm here for though. I'm taking some time out (well right now I'm being grilled by the other half about what I’m doing) to do something I enjoy which will hopefully lead to a more balanced lifestyle. This blog is unlikely to ever be on the top of the Bloggers Role of Super Hit, but I do hope it strikes a chord with some like minded try-hard super mummies, as I guess it's always nice to know someone's listening! Hey maybe i should change the title of this blog to 'Confessions of a Try Hard Super Mummy'.

So the mummy train is slowing down.  We're heading past Sleep Deprivation Station and looking forward to a break for coffee and cake at Mummy's-got-a-life.

3 comments:

  1. Hearing you Caz. Motherhood is the toughest gig in the world. And it takes superhuman effort to juggle all balls at the same time. Yes, it's tough but the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices...most of the time. Be gentle with yourself and accept that you can't do it all at the same time.XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging can be overwhelming at first. My advice is to just write whatever you want and comment on other blogs a lot. Blog design is hard...if you want to spend a few bucks, my friend Emma does blog design (http://indiechickdesigns.blogspot.com). She has really low prices (compared to many of the other sites I've looked at), and she has sales pretty often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice Cassie :) Loving reading other blogs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz