“I got an award, I got an award” sings me! A BIG thank-you to Vicki at the fabulous Ignore Reality for my lovely gold blogie award. Isn’t it lovely? (Don’t you think just about anything would look good in gold?). You really should check this blog out if you haven't - it's funny, it's bright, it's clever and it's worth it!
This award comes with a request to list 5 things I love. Where to begin – I love a lot :O) Let’s see there is .......my kids, faith, food, photos, perfume, lights in the night sky, foot massages, seeing renovations finished, sewing, playing facebook scrabble, laughing, spell checkers, coffee, a new follower, the smell of fresh sheets dried in the sunshine, writing a good blog post, a clean car, going to the movies, a good conversation, shopping .................. I could go on and on and on, but just for you I won’t!
The top 5 things I love today!
• An unexpected ‘I love you mummy’ from one of the girls. How that makes my heart sing. Especially when they do it in public. (I know I’m shameful – but it’s the truth.)
• Having faith. I haven’t talked about it much here but I believe in God. I love trusting that there is a purpose and more than what meets the eye. I love the feeling of being in harmony with the one who created me. Sometimes my insides just want to jump up and cheer because it’s all so good. Having said this I don’t have all the answers to life or faith and still have questions.
• Baked cheese cake. Need I say more – yummo!
• Conversation with my girl friends. When you’re talking away and suddenly something shifts and you move down to a deep level of sharing your feelings and passions. Love how time just slips away – and if coffee and cake are involved – well that’s just about the bees knees!
• Ok, confessions time. Seeing as you can already see that two of my 'love list' involve food I might as well go and whole hog and say FOOD. Oh how I love food. Over years of sleep deprivation with little ones I’ve become a food addict. It’s been my comfort and given me something dependable to look forward to. (Yes I am a bit of a sad arse! ). It's great to have something so accessible to lean on but unfortunately the flip side is that now I have a number of kilos to lose and I’m not sure I want to give up my lovely foodie friend that gives me such warm fuzzy comfort. (Told you I was a sad arse - a really BIG one!)
So that is my little list of loves. And now I must pass on his honoured gold beauty. I’m going to pass one onto a lovely new blogger karen at nerdy computer girl who is de-cluttering her space. She was one of my first followers and leaves me loads of encouraging comments (don't we all love comments too) and this is my way of saying ‘thank-you’ karen. I’m also going to present one of these babies to Megs at Box of Tricks because it's such a lovely chatty friendly blog and I like it!