Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I just want to be lonely .........

This is what my three year old says when she wants to be on her own. Today Mummy just wants to be lonely. Would love a few hours to myself to ruminate, read, and relax or frankly pickmynose - if I feel the need! Just one of those days when they seem to want Mummy with them 24/7. I know I know "this is it - enjoy". Must keep reminding myself that in a few years I'll be remembering, with longing, how blissful life was when we were all at home together. (Especially when the biggest pink is off to school in two weeks time.) Okay, okay I get it - back to enjoy some time with my kids - there will be plenty of time for being lonely in my future. 
Just thought I'd copy & paste straight from my imagination :)



10 comments:

  1. I would love to be lonely with my sewing machine and anything wlse that I need to do sewing...i'm sure that eventually I would get bored of that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be lonely on that beach too! Only another, ooh, 15 years before I can go on holiday and RELAX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we should make a date to meet at the beach in 10-15 years......wouldn't it be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. Unfortunately, on days like today, when its stormy and all I want to do is curl up in bed with a good book, my son decides he doesn't want to nap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. Being a mom is a full-time job only with no breaks. I love being home with my youngest, but I long for some "me" time. That's why I usually stay up late after everyone else is in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in- quite the crowd will be joining us it seems!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz