Sunday, January 31, 2010

Playing Games

 Took some time out of life today to play hide-and-seek with the girls. Life gets busy being mummy to a family of five and sometimes I have to remind myself to just stop and play. When I get spare time I tend to want to do 'me things' and then get frustrated when they interrupt. Today I thought I'd try something different and spent time playing games and being fully focused on them before I took some time out for me. As you'd imagine, they loved it. (Kids love nothing more than quality time with their mummy and daddy.) So this post is just a mental note to me ......... 'shift your focus lovey - spend more time playing, less working and you'll end up with more time for you in the long run' :)

Oh I also joined Weight Watchers online today. I don’t have much faith in 'diets' but need some structure to get myself focused on eating less - (now the sleep deprivation seems to be over).

10 comments:

  1. Ooh - good luck with Weight Watchers. I've never used it online, although I did go to actual sessions for a couple of months a few years back and that was pretty successful. I now kilojoule count using Calorie King and it's amazing how motivated it keeps me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Caz, I have been thinking about doing the same. Hopefully when the house is de-cluttered I will have more time to de-clutter me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, i've always set up my children in a game or activity, with me, then said "now it's time for mummy to work" & they love it, they got their fix & not they're off doing it solo.
    Hide & seek, well done for playing. My children hide in the best places, they are impossible to find & can even contain their giggles!!
    Good luck with your diet, i do Tony Ferguson, it's good for mummies who like carbs, when carbs are mean back, so i'm cruising along with that programme. Thinking skinny thoughts, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caz well done to you on joining Weight Watchers online! Will enjoy your updates on how you are going with it all.
    You are so spot on, kids love it SO MUCH when they have mum and dad actually PLAYING with them. I know mine do and yes I should do it more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my girls love hide and seek - except they hide in the same place every time. I asked Daisy why, and she says, "because it is the best place". fair enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent reminder, it is so true!!
    And good luck with Weight Watchers. Can wait to hear how you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just wanna say, wonderful blog! Lovely layout too! Thank you for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Today I lay in the hammock with my 2 year old instead of doing the ten billion things on my list. We chatted and sang songs and had a ball. She misses her big sisters so much now they are back at school and loved having my attention. I really need to remember this is as important if not more than any of the other jobs on my list. Good luck with the weight loss thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is an award for you at my blog :)

    Also good luck with WW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Caz, you won the Posie January GIVEAWAY. Please email your postal address. Yippee, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz