Monday, January 18, 2010

Sew buttons



Three bags, a dancing skirt and pair of curtains later I think I might be addicted to sewing. Who knew that could happen!  My creative binge is powering ahead and I'm loving it.  Been searching the net for new things make.  Think I might try some cooking aprons for the little pinks next (might save on some washing too.)

If anyone is interested in making bags try   Nicole Mallalieu Designs.   I made her large swag bag and it's fabulous.  The finish is so clean and professional looking.  Very happy with how it turned and and can't wait to order a new pattern from her. 

Feel free to let me know if you hear of any good site/blogs to feed by growing addiction............

9 comments:

  1. Ooh - sounds fabulous, you should put some pictures of your creations up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures would be great!

    Am jealous, would love to learn how to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always see adds for patterns on Etsy...usually pretty cheap. You should check it out.

    etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, I've just been on that website - I feel an obsession coming on! Just over my knitting phase (5 tanktops, 4 cardigans, many hats and two scarves later) - sewing could be next! Just made the curtains for the playroom so I'm already halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. Will post some more pics soon and check out etsy. Sounds good :). Mummy mania - knitting! Forgotten all about that too. I made a jumper years ago and have done various scarves over the years. Might save that for the aussie winter. Why did I forgot how great all these things are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Caz...look on my blog and under blogs I love there should be a few with patterns...also a great site for free patterns is amy butler...just type her name into google and you should find her. You can buy patterns or there are free ones as well. Everything from quilts to bags to scarves!!
    I just finished another softies last night so I have to put up the pic of Harriet the Goose from www.thelongthread.com
    Glad your enjoying the creative olut let of sewing!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Coz - will hope over and have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to see the bag you made with my pattern, too...!!! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz