Friday, February 26, 2010

Barney Banana Cake

Found this fantastic banana cake recipe yesterday and thought I’d share. I’ve never been a huge banana cake fan but I was feeling very sorry for the four poor blackening bananas sitting in my fruit bowl yesterday. (Their fate was looking very much like being flung thru the chook shed door to Penny and Benny to death by pecking.) Anyhoo I took pity on them and did a little internet search. (I think they’d be happy about their final fate!!)  It was really easy to make, (even with a three year old assistant chef) cook and get out of the tin and is really light and moist to eat. If you need a good Banana Cake recipes give this one a go!

Ingrediants

½ cup of butter
2 eggs
3 bananas
1tsp vanilla
1tsp bicarbonate soda
50 mls milk
½ cup caster sugar
1 ½ cups of self-raising flour


Method

1. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla

2. Add eggs separately and beat well

3. Mash bananas and add to mixture

4. Dissolve soda in milk and add this in alternation with the flour

5. Bake for 40 minutes at 185 Celsius

9 comments:

  1. Oooh wow this looks like a great one! Thanks for the recipe, we love banana cake here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make this banana cake...unfortunately bananas get eaten way to fast in this house and never have a chance to ripen up to a stage of being just that little bit over ripe!!! :(
    Thanks for the recipe...I may just have to hide 3 bananas away from the eyes of the banana eating monsters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love banana cake - it's one of the few things my Mum baked when I was a child (like me, cooking was not her forte). She also made a fabulous potato cake. It sounds weird, but was just gorgeous served warm with a bit of butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caz, we have, in our sad fruit bowl, a quad of "manky" bananas that Charlie would normally have scoffed....but he is not here, hence they are on the verge of the compost.....so I may just pinch this recipe for tomorrow morning.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - sounds divine! I've tagged you over at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may be the only person in the world who does not like banana cake...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we just had Banana Bread!! Yum, but not everyone was a fan!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had two very ripe bananas sitting on my bench ready to cook into something for 4 days now! Going to whip this up today. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz