Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Breathing Space for my Soul....


I love my life at the moment. After doing the hard yard for a few years with babies (both children and a baby family business) and location shifts we’re finally settled and my soul has some breathing space. I love being a school mum (despite the emotional first few days) and I love that the smallest pink is almost two and getting more independent by the day. There is finally time for me to be me - even if is still only in small bursts here and there. I feel like I'm taking back some control of my life ...... and I'm loving it.

Occasionally I get to sit alone and read.
Occasionally I get to sit alone in complete silence and just be.
Occasionally I get to think about what I want to do in the future.

It still feels really indulgent to think about myself. How silly is that!! Never think I'm complaining about how we chose to raise our kids. We decided together early on that I'd be a stay and home mummy and I put my heart and soul into it. I've read, crafted, danced, played, finger painted, cooked and wiggled my way around our home for years now! And I'm still glad I did (and still do:). But now it's time to change the focus and shift it a little bit further in my direction.

So, I have a little breathing space for my soul. I'm loving blogging but I know there is more. I've got this little need growing to do something more - I just don't know what it is yet. Silly as it sounds! Ideas are running in and out of my brain being assessed and either discarded or filed away. I'm almost frustrated that I can't pin anything down yet. So for now I must just be content with my breathing space for my soul and the lovely expectations I'm feeling. But stand warned world - this mummy is going to do something - sometime soon.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will spectacular as soon as you work out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, this reminds me of the song from the musical West Side Story: "Something's Coming." Ever heard it? The character who sings it, Tony, is also feeling "on the verge" of something great! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Caz!!! With a just over one year old son I totally take your hat off to you for wiggling and painting your way through years as a stay at home Mum as rewarding as it is, it is also bloody hard and I am only one year through mine!!
    Look forward to hearing what you are going to unleash on the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Sounds like we are in very similar places! Following you right back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhhh, I hear you. On so many levels. Are you playing candid camera in my head?!

    I am very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo - can't wait to hear what decide to pursue. Whatever it ends up being, I KNOW you will be awesome at it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to be all about the timing, a stage of life, our children reach school age and we are somewhat suddenly hit by the fact we have a portion of our individual self and life back. For 6 hours a day we are separated from our darling children, an opportunity for us both to develop as individuals. What a great place to be! I'm loving this time and stage of life. Lots to look forward to. New beginnings.
    I'm looking forward to sharing your journey in a new adventure, a new direction. Like you, I'm loving blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read where this feeling leads you :) ...what a fabulous place to be when you are on the brink of exciting changes, even when you are unsure of what they will be :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! That wonderful first feeling of "ah, tehre is an end in sight!".... a whole new world awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I understand this feeling. I hope you managed to come up with something amazing for your You Time.

    Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz