Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A couple of thank-yous & mummy stuff

Well the big day has almost arrived. Her uniform is hanging on her door, gleaming with newness and pressed to within an inch of its life. Her lunch is packed and ready and she is in bed, trying hard to get to sleep so the morning will come faster. But as for mummy, I’m starting to feel the swell of emotions that has been chasing me down for the past few weeks. I’m a little worried I’m going to be embarrassing – but them I’m pretty sure I won’t be alone. It’s all about the fact that for the past five and a half years I’ve been ‘her person’, the one she turns to for help and shares her joy with – but now I have to let her go and share her with the big wide world of school. All this leads to one emotional mummy!  I guess we'll see how it all goes in the morning.......

While I'm here I'd like to say thanks to Posie over at posiepatchwork for the giveaway - I don't often win things so I'm pretty chuffed :)   Winning things is so much fun!

And thanks as well to Megs over at Box of Tricks for the award I haven't followed up on yet.  How I wish we could find out how you went yesterday and how bubs and you are doing!

So that I think is my lot for the day.....

7 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! That was me last week and my boy has taken to school like a duck to water. Hope is goes as smoothly for you and your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's such a big step for both of you. I hope all goes smoothly and you both enjoy this next phase in your lives. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your support Thea and Kelly! Onward and upward from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, such an amazing journey starts with the first day of school. Enjoy it and don't worry if others see you sobbing. When I looked through my tears I saw quite a few mums and dads dabbing away the tears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything went as well as mine. No tears on her part and only little ones from me . My little angel said to me after day 1 "Mummy I love school". Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I have something for you over on my blog:
    http://kellyansapansa.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caz--So glad you stopped by my blog. Can I tell you how excited I am that someone from Australia reads!? So very fun. I loved reading your bio and looking a bit through your blog. I think we do have a lot of common interests, and I look forward to coming back!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz