Sunday, February 28, 2010

Handbags and Sunshine

Tag, I’m it! The very funny Hot Crossed Mum has tagged me to reveal the contents of my handbag and this my friends  is how it looks.  (She has also passed along the Sunshine Award for which I'm beamingly happy also :)
So I took it all out and put it on my desk. My immediate thought was this is gunna be messy. I was very surprised to find it wasn’t too bad. The bag fairies must have visited during the night and cleaned it out for me because despite some sandpit sand down the bottom (who knows how that got there) it was pretty okay today!


1. Colorado Purse. I’m a small purse kinda gal. Hate big purses – because the bigger they are the more change fits in them and the heavier they get!

2. Keys to Bessy Blue Car and the back door.

3. Phone. Yes, I also like phones that basically just make phone calls. No GPS, Facebook or Ipod on this baby.

4. Torch. Bought it on impulse at the hardware store one day. It’s a great little LCD torch. Magic for when you go out with your girlfriends at night and the Daddy of the house forgets to put the back light on for you before he goes to bed.

5. Emergency Kids Food

6. Emergency Kids Food (hope they haven’t been there too long!!)

7. Three pens. I seem to collect pens in my bag. I have a bit of a stationery fetish!!!

8. Bank pay in book for the business

9. Handful of old receipts and shopping lists. (Very important to keep these for extended periods of time I find.)

10. More emergency kids food

11. Emergency packet of wipes.....for finger and bottoms :)


If the contents of your bag reveals your personality I must be one dull little daisy!  Nevermind - I'll put it on my 'To Do List' - get more inspiration handbag contents.     Now to pass the honour to some of my favorite bloggie friends and have a little snoop in their bags.......

pinkpatentmaryjane  With her very stylish, french inspired handbag.
diminishing lucy  With her handbag filled with love and inspiration (hope charlie is on the mend)
kellyansapansa With her big tote bag filled with wedding mags!!
ignorereality  With her briefcase inspired handbag filled with funny stories (great blog!!)
fatmumslim With her little pink hangbag filled with sunshine (another of my fav blogs)
anythingfitsanakedman What type of bag would a naked man carry??
coffeegal With a bag filled with fun!

I'm also gunna pass along the sunshine award to these gals ......because indeed they have spread a little of this into my day on a regular basis.  Here it is



8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks! Can't wait to share my (boring) purse contents with everyone! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I was wondering what to blog about today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done!

    http://kellyansapansa.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-handbag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I was just thinking today about cleaning out my handbag - now you've given me a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. This list would be a mile long for me. I am a big bag girl. The bigger the better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I look forward to posting the contents of my hand bag on Monday! and I promise not to clean it out before then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey......I just realised how much I was missing your posts......hope you and the little pinks are all OK...........I loved doing your bag challenge.....
    http://diminishinglucy.blogspot.com/2010/02/to-bag-or-to-handbag-to-match-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, how fun!!! Your's does look pretty clean! With a new baby here now, I haven't even been using my purse... just his diaper bag with my phone and chapstick in it ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz