Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas & bouncy castles

Well, here we are finally. One more day til Christmas!! Excitement levels are rising as the anticipation builds (and that’s just me – the kids are all in bed!) Seriously, I can’t wait for Christmas morning. Bring on the Christmas Cheer I say. Bring on the pressie, the food and the family. Happy birthday Jesus and let’s get celebrating.


It’s been a long, sometimes difficult, but generally enjoyable year here at The Truth About Mummy Central. I started this blog late last year in an attempt to focus a little more on myself after six years of pregnancy, babies, nappies and no sleep. And I’m happy to say it worked. Blogging is very therapeutic and a great way to build relationships. I think you get a much more insightful view of people when they write about themselves and I’ve loved meeting and sharing with a host of inspiration bloggers.

Then mid way through the year I start back at work part-time. A great move on many levels, but that in combination with some very major house renovations didn’t leave me much spare time and the blog was left neglected and alone in the scary world of cyber junk. (My apologies little blog – it won’t happen again.) Work is great. I love the social interaction and feeling like a person in my own right again, not to mention the money. And I was delighted to find that six years of life in the mummyhood had actually made me a far better social welfare worker. More compassion, more insight and just a more well rounded person generally (if not a little lighter on the brain cells.)

And here we are 12 months later. Life has moved on, as it has a habit of doing. The pinks are now a year older – as am I. I turned 40 this year. I had myself a huge adult bouncy castle party and watched all my friends re-live their childhood. It was a brilliant happy day; despite the rain I had such fun bouncing like a kid - but more of that another time.

And now I sit, waiting oh so patiently for Christmas (not!). You’d think by 40 I’d have learnt some patience. I’d like to pretend I have but the truth (and this blog is all about truth and me) is that I’m just as likely to stamp my foot in frustrated impatience as my two year old!  Notwithstanding, it's time I think to stop my ramblings and get to the point.  Which is of cause to wish you all a very merry Christmas.  So here it is ......

6 comments:

  1. thank you...lovely post...just what i needed..a great introduction to you! merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blogging is truly a portal to a whole new world and even can be to a whole new self. Merry Christmas to you too. (You may want to pop over my blog for my latest giveaway.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!! It's been lovely sharing the blogging world with you - looking forward to a fabulous 2011 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Xmas! I go back to work part time in a few monist. Am a bit scared at how I'm going to juggle it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone and Happy Christmas to you all :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower!
    Please follow back, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Quick Tattletails
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz