Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm no Princess Perfect Pants.

Let's be honest, some days being a mummy is really hard work!  When I was leaving work, 34 weeks pregnant with my first little pink, my supervisor told me being a parent would be the hardest and the most rewarding thing I'd ever do.   Never a truer word was spoken.  As as the three little pinks Daddy and I sat at our table last night with the empty plates, spilt drinks and uneaten remains of our meals we looked at each other through exhausted eyes and thought about our life before we became parents.  The dream of eating a meal without fuss, sleeping uninterrupted all night and finishing projects without being interrupted a trillion times ..... lets be honest just finishing anything at all.  Oh the serenity of a life gone by.  (In the midst of writing this paragraph my 6 year old just got up (it is 5.00am you know) and upchucked all over our lounge suite (it's 6.00am now by the way.)

Yes, you guessed it, I'm in need of a good old fashioned whinge ..... the truth about mummy today is that I'm tired, I'm overworked, I'm grumpy and I'm not princess perfect pants.  (Can I hear an Amen??)  Right at the moment, by the end of each day I'm the type of mummy who can't wait to get em  into bed and turn on the TV so I can fall sleep watching it.

Life I'm realising is full of hard stuff.  That guy who said 'it wasn't meant to be easy' really new his beans.  If you want the highs you have to accept the lows.  It's like they say, nothing grows on the mountain top.  You have to go down into the valley with the water, greenery and dirt (and get yourself all messy) is if you want to grow and reach up to a new mountain top so you can enjoy the view. 

Right now I'm ankle deep planted in the messy brown old mud of life.  It's been a long year.  Working, renovating the house, school, kinder, ballet lessons, toilet training ..... you know the list it endless and if you could see the metaphorical world of my mind I'm pretty sure I look like I've been  mud wrestling! But one thing is clear to me.  This is where I need to be to get to where I need to go.  I had a little light bulb moment not that long ago.  Living the dream doesn't mean you're happy every moment of the day..... which is just as well really, because right now I'm pretty sure I don't sound so very happy :O)

5 comments:

  1. Caz, there are women aroud thew world nodding in understanding.....

    And how lovely to see you back...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy - feels nice to write again ... need to make more efford because it makes me happy (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true Caz!
    I look forward to reading more of your posts. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I have added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard that 'nothing grows on a mountaintop...' thing before but I like it. Yep, it is tough but when we really consider it we wouldn't want it any other way would we?!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz