Saturday, December 18, 2010

Passion envy


Knowing what you want and not stopping until you get it

Been thinking about passions and asking myself what mine are.  Generally I'm a  phlegmatic easygoing type of gal.  But as enjoyable as life in the layed back lane can be, sometime I have to kick start some motivation and focus on what I want to achieve.  I can't say I have a driving passion. I don't need to save the whales (sorry whales - nothing against you personally), write books or have the world's biggest ceramic elephant collection. Some days I wish I did and suffer violent passion envy.  To feel so committed to something that you can lose yourself in must be amazing.   But, it's just not me.  I guess I'm just not the passionate type.  But as this post it all about passion I've put together a little list of things that maybe I could be passionate about, if only I could find the motivation .......

Family & Home.  (Love my family to bits and my home is where I keep them and all the other things I love.  I guess you could say these two are my biggest passion.)
Being organised (I do find it a little thrilling to find a new way of making our lives work better and oh yes I have a slight crush on those shops that sell stuff to help you be get more organised.)
Music. (I do play the piano but generally I just love to listen and get lost in the beautiful mellow sounds of it.)
Restoring furniture. ( I do enjoy taking something old and useless and breathing some new life into it so it can be beautiful and useful in my home again.)
Writing. (Does that just go without saying when you're writing a blog post?)
Flowers (I love beautiful flower - it makes me happy to look at them.)
Stories. (I love being told a story.  Whether it's watching a movie, reading a book or listening to someone sharing it's so nice to drift away into another world.)
Eating. (I love to eat beautiful food and wish desperately I was passionate about exercises and fitness so I could do it guilt free. I also love to make a great cake.)

So there you have it.  My phlegmatic list of things that I could potentially get passionate about if I could just work up the motivation.   Knowing what you want and not stopping till you get it .......arrrrghhh it all seems a bit driven to me.

6 comments:

  1. Dr Phil once did a show about how parents need to find their passion. At the time I felt totally lost.

    I now know that I am passionate about being energetic. In body, mind and spirit, keeping a high level of energy. It helps me make a million choices and keeps me sane and very fulfilled....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found the link. It might help?

    http://drphil.com/articles/article/9/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This passion thing has been coming for me everywhere the last few days. A sign you think? What am I passionate about? Being fulfilled. Loving what I do, whether it's writing, painting, parenting, digging in the garden. I am passionate about loving life, but I don't know how to get there. Lot of love....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with most of your passion list but I love the eating, and organizing best...organizing is almost an obsession with me now...I thinks it's linked with menopause! LOL
    Merry Christmas from Utah, USA

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz