Saturday, December 11, 2010

Suck it up princess

Why did I call this blog ‘The Truth about Mummy’?? Some days, like today, I don’t want to tell the truth! Can’t I just make a few happy little stories up that make me look like a wonderful cookie cutter mummy filled with sweetness and love? I wanna play pretend and make you think I’m awesome! Well, some days I am awesome. At least for some of the day. Maybe for a few minutes..... my awesomeness comes in small burst I guess!


Oh well, sorry but I guess you’re just getting me .... the real deal. (Maybe that would have been a good blog name “mummy ... the real deal’.)

I’m really trying to change my attitude at the moment. I think, years of sleep deprivation ,on top of a year of working and house renovations with kids, (don’t let me get started on that one) have left my head in a space where it’s far too easy to be easily annoyed and frankly just plain grumpy.

I promise I never used to be like that. In fact, I was always the stable one. People used to tell me how consistent and even my temperament was. That was until I experienced life without me time. I’m an introvert by nature, meaning I thrive on being lost in my own thoughts for long periods of time – and you can guess how often that happens with the three little pinks to love and care for. On top of that I think we all know how hard it is to make yourself a priority when you’re the mummy..... you know the mummy guilt and battling your own need to please (oh hang on that’s probably just me *insert blush*). So now it’s time to suck it up princess. Mummy needs a little re-invention, a mummy attitude makeover to save the three little pinks for a life with the big bad grumpy mummy wolf.

Thanks to a little prompt from Chantelle over at Fat Mum Slim I went back to read my first blog post the other day and guess what, I spoke to myself. (Yes I do have one committed follower who gets wisdom from my words :O). I’d been watching an Oprah show on life in the Mummyhood. She had a fancy schmancy guest who said something profound to me. She said you can’t go back to your life before having children – you have to reinvent yourself. And that’s what actually started me blogging. Maybe that even tempered persons I used to be is gone for good! Hope not. But I’m committed to trying to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh i have been reading over my earlier blogs too. Its a great way to see if what you hoped and dreamed for have come true and that the things you want to change in your life have changed or not....it the kick up the butt that I need sometimes,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we can’t go back to your life before having children – you have to reinvent yourself." And if that is into a juggler.....awesome.

    I like the truths.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz