- Regain my fitness and strength and lose some weight. Diving right on in with a big one here. I hate this one because frankly I suck at it. Yes I really do. I've lost weight heaps of time only to put it all (yes you guess it, plus a little more) back on every time. I'm one of those people who love to eat. Consuming food it pretty much a hobby with me and the thought of depriving myself strikes fear to my core. Somehow food and happiness seem to skip merrily along to happiness town in my brain *insert slight embarassed blush about here*. But alas, I've written it down now and must go with it yet again. It's time to stop the comfort eating and move this butt. (God help me - you know I'm gunna need it:)
- Make more of an effort with my friends. The dear one and I have both been talking about this one. We had the very unfortunate experience of losing a friend to suicide during 2010 and it truly shook our world. It has however made us determined to open our hearts and minds to those special people in our lives and make sure they know how much we value them. It's so easy to get lost in your own little life when you have young children. There is enough going on just within your own four walls to keep you busy and entertained without even passing your own mail box. This is the year I plan to start looking outwards a bit more and connecting more regularly with those in our friendship group.
- Keep blogging. I love blogging and dream out having loads of followers and being able to contribute something positive and fun to the blogging community. I have this little bloggy dream about using my blog to help out other mummies trying to make money from home while looking after their kids. The idea I have will take time, commitment and follow through but I would dearly love to see it happen. I've also started to slowly teach myself backend blogging (you know learning all that geeky html and stuff). Its hard work for a tired out old mummy brain - but I'd like to continue and keep learning it. (Setting myself a little mini goal of achieve 200 follower by the end of the year - so please help out my following along if you aren't already :)
- Be involved in the school and kinder communities. I've been doing school reading with the biggest pink's pre/one class during 2010 and will continue this. It's so rewarding and I love that I now know all of the children in her grade. It's also a grand old feeling getting to know the other school parents.
- Work. Just in case you didn't know I've been back at work since April as a case manager with a local disability support agencies. Wonderful work in a wonderful environment. I'm backfilling for maternity leave and my contract ends in four weeks. My goal is to continue working but reduce my hours (that even though I only work 18 hours a week atm!!). At this point I'm not sure what this will entail but it could mean job hunting, or recommitting where I am.
- Go camper trailer camping with the family. (This one will make the dear one very happy :)
- Attend body balance classes.
- Support the dear one with his new business.
- Finish renovating the house.
- Plant out the garden beds.
- Get an Iphone.
So there they be. 11 personal goals for 2011. Now let's hope when I re-read these on my 42nd january 1st I can feel happy and satisfied that I have made a good effort towards achieving them all.
Hoping all your new years goals and resolutions and already inspiring you to new things.