Thursday, January 6, 2011

Family Fun in the Adelaide Hills

Morning

This lovely creature was very interested in the camera on our adventure to the Gorge Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills (click here to find out more).  I can recommend this as a fantastic family day out if you're ever travelling in the lovely Adelaide Hills.   The kids got to pat kangaroos, hold koalas, watch crocodiles and talk to farm animals.  They have a huge collection of animals who all looked well cared for and happy.  We even got to introduce the biggest pink to a real life ZuhZuh pet (you'd probably have to have a  primary school age child to understand that this is kid speak for a mechanical toy guinea pig).  It truly was a great family day out.

The littlest pink cuddling a koala


8 comments:

  1. This is my kids fave day out.Sometimes we do an overnight camp at Cuddlee Creek and so spend the day at the wildlife park. Charlie can stand and look at the black panther all day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black pantha is kinda cool lucy. All that power but looks like such a pussy cat. Maybe next time we're over we'll break out the camper trailer!! (that would make my other half very happy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos...haven't camels got weird and wonderful faces when you look at them closely...lol...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, they're so funny looking but I like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how cool is that koala pic! One for the album x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Koala love, that's a keeper!! How cute!! I often wonder about having a pet camel on our future farm but my husband HATES them, i'm pretty sure he'll pull the -i've-been-to-too-many-middle-eastern-war-zones-to-ever-want-to-see-a-camel-again trump card & win. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! We went to the zoo last weekend and it is just the BEST day out for a family. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the camel. What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz