Friday, January 14, 2011

Pay It Forward comes to the Truth About Mummy!

I'm sure, like me, you've seen the Pay it Forward post on a number of blogs by now.    Every time I've read it I've thought 'what a wonderful caring idea', but I can't do it because  there is no way I'll get 5 people to comment - my blog is not popular enough. Enter the teenage side of myself that immediatly thinks everything is about popularity *insert embarassed blush* and thinks I'll never measure up. 

Then I read Keep Cate Busys 'Pay Pay It Forward' post yesterday and I remembered that I'm a big girl now.   It's all about having a go and enjoying life - not allowing fear to squash you into being a lesser person than you know you can be.  So on that note and without futher reading.....

The fabulously entertaining Cate  from Keep Cate Busy has taken up the pay-it-forward challenge (from felicity  at Gifts of Serendipity who got it from  LJ at With My Own Two Hands)...and *I* have taken up the challenge from Cate...


"I promise something handmade to the FIRST 5 people who leave a comment here. However, to be eligible, you must repost this message, offering something handmade to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade by you, and it must be sent to your 5 giftees sometime in 2011. Ready, set, GO!"


So, that's it. I'm signed up. Committed. Just Doing It.  It's all going on right here!!    If you'd like to be involved, and receive something special in your mail box addressed to you, then this is your chance to get involved.  (Not to mention that it would make me feel all loved and squishy to know that people read my blog :)  But never fear - even if I don't get one single little comment I'll be fine - because I'll have had a go, got out of my comfort zone and above all - will be getting something special myself from Cate!

8 comments:

  1. And I'll always love you for being the first and commenting on my PIF appeal :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate - feeling the love :O) I'll leave this up for a bit longer and may try to re-post it later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Rewind post Caz. I hope you find your five people this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI i'm visiting from the Weekend Rewind...your blog looks great!!
    But seriously don't count me in the Pay it Forward challenge...I don't even own a sewing machine and am not at all crafty. I can't even think what I would send! Although, therein lies the challenge part of it doesn't it? Anyway. Just wanted to say hi : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I've just posted this and I've joined not once, but twice, so now I need to find 10 people to make gifts for. I'm sorry... I can't join in again. Thanks for visiting me at muminsearch.com. Good luck with finding your crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh thank you so much for taking part!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz