Friday, January 21, 2011

Shampoo overload and mummy brain.

I can't believe I did it again!  Remember that old saying 'you're only a fool if you make the same mistake twice'? Well I'm afraid I'm officially, well and truly, a fool my friends.  The only excuse I can offer is that motherhood has totally comatosed my brain cells.

This morning I was enjoying my few moments peace in the shower, washing my hair with some brand new Dove shampoo.  (I like Dove, firstly because they're good products and secondly because they support women to be real - and that I think is important).  Anyhoo I reach for the conditioner and whammo - it's not conditioner at all but a second Shampoo with a different coloured bottle.  Not again.  No!  It can't be possible to have picked up two shampoos from the supermarket shelf for what must be the sixth time in the past year.  (I kid you not here .... I have an entire shelf of different shampoos in my bathroom to prove it!)

People tell me Mummy Brain is simply because your mind is diverted in so many directions once you become a mother - but I think not.  Life in the motherhood has given me brain damage.  It must have.  How could I possibly make the same mistake six times.  You would think after one incident I'd make sure next time. Check.  Look twice before putting them in my trolley even.  Take some extra care because after all I have made this  particular  mistake a time or two before - but alas it would seem not. Which leads me to the conclusion that my brain cells are diminished and I am in fact brain damaged. 

I guess if I am to look on the bright side of this at least I won't have to buy shampoo again for a while!   Am I alone here?  Does this type of thing happen to other mummies?  Please tell me your stories - it might make me feel better :)  

And don't forget to check out my first ever 'review and giveaway' for a fantastic Rubbermaid microfibre Mop. It's here.

10 comments:

  1. Do not get me started on little lightbulbs for my taillight. Mummy brain. Totally. I ended up going to the auto shop 4 times in an afternoon. MAD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have terminal mummy brain. Professionals have given up on me. I can walk into a bathroom and forget I have to pee. Welcome to the club. It's a big one. We'd have t-shirts to give out, but nobody's remembered to order them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we shall not mention how many packs of sponges are under my kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh - there you go I'm starting to feel better already. Thanks Ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd I suffer the same thing. Mummy brain is real. It's a continuation of the affliction known as baby brain. I have too many examples to fill this space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever need tinned tomatoes you know where to come lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I did this all the time. Now that order groceries online it doesn't really happen. You think that online grocery shopping would have eliminated all double buying, but no. I have a vast collection of various sauce bottles and I'm scared to count the number of bottles of dried oregano I have in my cupboard...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm loving you ladies more and more. So nice to know we're all here is mummy brain land together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to thank you for your support of my Hippie Pen blog. Yours was the first blog I ever read, thanks for the addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Countrymama! That's amazing. Thanks so much for stopping by to share that. Looking forward to seeing what wonderful things you come up with on teh Hippie Pen Blog - I'm sure you'll teach me a thing or two :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz