Sunday, January 23, 2011

A weekend adventure.

With all of the recent rainfall the lovely Lake Wendouree is finally full again. This is the first time we've seen it like this in over ten years.  Seemed like an ideal time to take the pinks up to test out their bikes on the 6km trek around.

As the four year old pink will tell you it's actually 'over floated'  like most of the paddocks around our house have been lately.
 On our ride we came across this beautiful family of ducks.  We watched in awe as the babies followed mumma duck up onto the boat ramp.  Such a big jump for them.
We didn't make it all the way around but it was another lovely weekend adventure.

8 comments:

  1. It does look 'over floated', doesn't it? What a great adventure! We've been sticking to the pool lately, mainly because mummy can't handle the heat. Will get more adventurous once it cools down a bit. Thanks for visiting me at Mum in search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caz, these are beautiful photos and the girls look like they're having a nice time.

    Thought you might like to know that I've thrown a little blog lovin' your way through The Stylish Blogger Award.
    You can collect it here if you'd like to:

    http://crapmamma.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-got-stylish-blogger-award.html

    Do with it what you will, otherwise just enjoy a little extra blog traffic from emoi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. How cute are those ducklings?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics and look at all that water. Such a lovely spot for a bike ride. xx

    Kell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely! Congrats! Can you email me? xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments. A special thanks to CRAP Mamma!! I love awards :O).

    Katrina - thank you thank you thank you - will send you my email tonight. I'm still so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my kids would just love all those ducks....

    Looks like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, I love the ducks.
    "Over floated" = very cute x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz