Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Elevator Pitch


31 Days to Build A Better Blog 
(Day One)
'The Elevator Pitch'

The idea is to have a short and sharp piece that you can say about yourself when the opportunity arises...The goal is both to communicate what you do and entice the person receiving your pitch to want to know more....Knowing what your blog is about helps you in developing every aspect of it.  (Thanks for the summary Louisa at Aussie Blogger Mums)

So without further fluffing around and after staying up post Zumba class last night (yay me) here it is:  I'd love any feedback (good, bad or indifferent) - I promise not to cry - too much.

The Truth About Mummy is the unfolding story on one mummy’s attempt to balance the desire to be a ‘Super Stay-at-Home Mum’ with the need to be recognised for the intelligent and creative person that she was before moving into the mummy-hood. With a cast of the ‘Mummy’, the ‘Dear One’ and the ‘three little pink people’ it is an honest confessional about the good, the bad - and all of the things that come in-between (when raising kids in the mummy lane).

Sometimes inspirational, a little educational, but mostly just sincere reflections from the heart of a mummy striving for the best for herself and her family. You’ll find stories, reviews, ideas, recipes, giveaways and inspirational tales of other extraordinary mummies living their ordinary lives in the mummy-hood.

While a personal ‘mummy blog’ The Truth About Mummy is also committed to supporting other mummies searching for the balance needed to be a quality mum and a self-fulfilled person in today’s society. To this end we regularly review and promote the businesses and initiatives of women stepping out and making things happen for themselves.
 
 
So, what do you think?  Comments please :)


17 comments:

  1. Oh dear..yours' sounds better than mine! LOL..I could only come up with 7 words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i think that is beautifully written :) yours is the first i have read and i haven't even started thinking about my own. yours will be my benchmark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you so much for commenting!! I was a little worried. This is a much scarier process than I thought. Nice to have some feedback - although I'm sure it's not better than yours Mott!! Good luck with yours Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stuff! Really love it, Caz. Really well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, it's so you. I think you need a short version based on the first sentence. Something like:

    The Truth About Mummy is the unfolding story of a ‘Super Stay-at-Home Mum’ who also happens to be an intelligent and creative person.

    I don't think that's quite right but something along those lines...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. Still trying to come up with a tag line. Thinking about "the good, the bad and all that's in between". Loving the support. I was really worried about posting my ideas but now I feel so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It is a bit wordy for me. If I wasn't doing the 31dbb challenge, I wouldn't have the patience to read it all. Having said that, after I read it there is nothing I would take out (except you have 'inspirational' twice in the second paragraph, I'd change one of them to something else).

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWW I love it, and now I want to be your friend. It's beautifully written and comes from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Caz, don't try so hard to be inspirational..just try to be genuine, honest and show integrity. Then your heart shows and that is inspirational. I love all your facets...just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it. It's definitely how I see this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tat - I shall take care of my double ispirationals! Thanks for pointing it out.

    Thank Carol, Toni and Tina :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's great! Can I steal it! te he! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading the whole thing as each paragraph tied in well with the others. Loved the last paragraph the most :)

    It matches really well with the look and feel of you r blog too, great work Caz xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Following from AMB 31DBBB! I love your tagline. Makes me want to laugh at myself. Looking forward to reading more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd listen to you in an elevator. I really like your pitch, and your idea for a tag line.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz