Saturday, February 12, 2011

On being thankful ...

Being thankful has always been a bit of a 'thing' with me.  I truly believe that showing gratitude can change your life.  (I think what I mean when I say that is that it can change the landscape inside your mind, and that of cause,  is the most direct route to changing your life!) So, as you can imagine I am loving Maxabella Loves  and her grateful weekend linky
    Some Thank-you flowers for Maxabella
  • So this week I'm grateful for Maxabella Loves's beautiful blog and the chance she gives us all to share our gratitude with each other.  Thank-you Maxabella.  All this lovely positive energy you're spreading is fabulous!


  • I'm also grateful for a little challenge I'm taking  over the next month or so to improve my blog and blogging.  Now this one is in fact a little scary for me. I'm taking part in 31 Days to Build a Better Blog which is being run over at the Aussie Mummy Bloggers. To this end I've set up a Facebook Fan Page and a will be learning to use my inactive Twitter account. (The Facebook link is just up to the right - please feel free to click on it :)  Will I be able to keep up?  Will my writing style be good enough? Will my knowledge of technology s-t-r-e-t-c-h far enough to see me through?  Will my dyslexic brain be up for the challenge? For all these questions, and the slight sense of fear I'm feeling, I am grateful.

  • And just finally, I'm so grateful for sleep.  (How many mother have said that over the years I wonder?)  After years and years of babies and toddlers and their erratic sleeping patterns I'm getting some decent sleep.  Not every night mind you - but enough to feel human again on a regular basis. I am totally grateful for sleeping children.
PS - I'm also link up HERE as well today

14 comments:

  1. That's a great list - I love the bunch of nanna flowers. So gorgeous.

    Good luck with your blog challenge. I am sure you will achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Farmers Wife. Hehehe Nanna flowers. Didn't think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Caz. Good luck with the challenge, sounds like a great challenge.

    Just one little note, your facebook like box up top isn't link to your page, looks like you forgot to put the url of your facebook page in the like box widget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you Caz!! I truly believe that being grateful is the key to happiness. Taking time to stop and appreciate what you have, rather than what you want.

    Enjoy your blog course. Personally I think your blog is already really great, but what do I know?! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) thanks Maxabell

    Thanks Emma - I'm a bit slow on the uptake with some of this stuff. I'll have to try to sort it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the same thing, took me an hour and a google search for a tutorial to figure it out lol If you need a hand, drop me a line :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emma - I'll probably need that! I've just tried - but have no idea if it worked or not. Can someone maybe try it and see what happens - please :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of gratitude too, it's been a very powerful thing for me at many stages of my life

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I can't wait to get to the stage when I'm grateful for sleeping children!!! That said, I was grateful for four hours last night - and you're right - being grateful makes our state of mind so mush more positive. Despite all theat's gone on in my life lately, I'm still grateful for all I have - going to check out the blog you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gratefuls!! I'm always so grateful that maxabella gives us the opportunity to stop and reflect :-)
    good luck with your challenge...oh how I love a good challenge!!!
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous list. I love Maxabella Loves... too. What a challenge at AMB. Must do this too. And sleep. It's utter bliss. Especially when you get some! Thanks for sharing your lovely gratefuls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice list. I am also taking up the 31 day challenge. Looking forward to following your progess - will look out for you on Twitter too. Once you get going it's highly addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great list indeed and I too am a mother grateful for her sleeping children. And to add to that... I'm grateful for a husband who has better ears than me and is up tending to them, should they wake, before I even stir! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your blogging course. I might just have to investigate that myself.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz