Monday, March 7, 2011

And another thing ....

Four random facts about life at our house right now.
  1. Wanting to be supportive and helpful I went to a kinder meeting at the middle pinks kinder last Thursday. I walked away as the new Kinder President (how the dickens did that happen?)  I've now asked the Dear One to refer to me as el-presidento!
  2. I received a call from my old work today asking me to apply for a casual position they have available as an intake worker for their program.  Do I want to return to working part-time after only six weeks at home full-time with the pinks?  Is it good to 'keep your finger in the pie'?  I'm loving being a stay at home mummy again - not sure what to do!
  3. The biggest pink got an award at her school assembly this morning.  A 'confidence award' for her all around good  performance at school this year.  See the proud mummy sing the praises of her daughter :O)
  4. The  Dear One is hitting his milestone forth decade birthday next week and has his new toy in the shed to prove it. Its name is 'Dexter' and it has two wheels and a BMW badge. The celebratory weekend road trip with the boys is coming up.
 Photobucket
PS - yes another one of my flower photos.  I just love they way these roses come up in shots. I could stare at the petal formation for ages,

13 comments:

  1. Oh, lots happening at your place! Congrats on the school award - praise away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Caz. I actually learnt quite a bit about you from just four points. Congrats to the biggest pink too. Maybe winning a confidence award will see her go on to become an el-presidento too one day!! hehe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to big pink and her proud mummy el-presidento :) How casual, is the casual position is the question to be asked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, boys! They never outgrow the boys weekend away do they?! Sounds like lots is happening in your household. Good luck with your decision on returning to work part time. If it feels right, take it. If not, there will always be other opportunities :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello el-presidento! Congrats to the biggest pink on her award, you must be one proud mum! Good luck with the job offer, do what is best for you and makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very beautiful roses! Hmmmm good luck with the Presidency term ;) And about the job - congrats - why not give it a try? You might find it's the best of both worlds and still fits in with you and the children. Lots happening! All sounds very good and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like something I'd do, innocently walking into a meeting and coming away with the top gong!
    Really enjoyed your post on worry. It's something I've been doing too much of lately, and a very difficult habit to break. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey caz...yes, never a dull moment around here. as it is in mummyland as well i'm sure! :)

    thanks for the follow, i'm following back.

    have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if you don't take the job the affirmation of your skills is lovely! The kids are doing well too. What is it with middle aged men and motor bikes though...we have a chap called Harley who lives under our house...Mr W was about that age when he arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new look Caz, have been reading you on google reader on my phone lately and it was a pleasant surprise to pop in from the computer and see how gorgeous it is.

    Can totally relate to the kinder committee thing, having just joined the school committee and found myself as convenor of a sub committee already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your pink on her award and to you on your new el-presidento title. Love your photos. Your flowers are beautiful, but I wonder if I would do them justice if I were the one taking the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ladies :O) I am so proud of my biggest little pink person :O) Loving the comment loving from you all Cazxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely think you should be called el-presidento at all times.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz