Friday, March 4, 2011

Just an ordinary mummy


Look! Another little flower from my garden.  It's just a common old creeping daisy - you see them everywhere in these parts.  But when you look up close it's rather pretty.  I love the deep purple colour in the very centre and the way the petals form such an elegant ark.  Ordinary but still beautiful when you really look at it.  I see my life a bit like that.  Put me in the midst of all the other mummies bustling their way through bringing up children and we all look a bit the same. Flustered, tired, over committed but generally happy.  

But when my girls look at me they see something different - their mummy.  I'm an ordinary, average looking, garden variety mummy to most but to them I'm someone special and beautiful.  I'm the first person they ever loved.  I'm the one who cuts their sandwiches into cute little shapes and rubs their backs at night when they can't sleep.

I love being their ordinary mummy, it makes me grateful just for being me. 

 Joining with Maxabella Loves to share the grateful spirit.
Photobucket



18 comments:

  1. soo true! love this post Caz...and gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you're the one they want to hold them while they vomit down you (and I mean that sincerely - it's very scary for them when they're sick!)
    hope you have a very special weekend
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous post Cate and I love your analogy with the Daisy.

    You reminded me of something that I thought about this evening walking out of a basketball stadium and seeing lots of multi-coloured leaves on the footpath, wet from an evening rain shower.

    My eye was caught several times by lots of jewelled colours but I bet that most people just walked over them, they're 'only' leaves afterall.

    It's all about perspective having the capacity to value and notice the little things that can bring great joy.

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeooutiful, Caz. This made me smile and warmed my heart. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most gorgeous words ever Caz, it's so true, you're special, beautiful, wonderful to them as you are their amazing mummy. My children tell me i'm their favourite mum, you can't get better love than that?? My husband still calls me beautiful, ahhhhh, see what happens when they fall in love with you when you were a cute glam teen?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a really lovely post..

    we are really lucky to be thought of in this way, aren't we?

    This made me smile a big cheesy smile!

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a beautiful post. I like it very much :o)
    It is a rather brilliant looking daisy too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post and a beautiful flower, all of us reading it feel very special now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't thought of that before in real terms, but yes, I am the first person they ever loved. That's pretty special. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the lovely feedback :O) It's so nice to see yourself thru their eyes. Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! I love this and it couldn't be more true. I love being a mum and it's such a proud thing. And I can see you're proud too. With lots of extra love put in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have a talent with words... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caz, this is truly gorgeous post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful...I love that thought of being not an ordinary mum even when life dishes up some very ordinary moments.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz