Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Muffins work perfectly for lunchboxes and so they get made regularly around here.  This little gem of a recipe came in a beautiful muffin book a friend gave me, some time back, called Easy Muffins (Parragon Book).  It's reasonably no fuss and passes the cooking with kids test with flying colours.  The pinks love the chunky chocolate bits and tell me these are one of their  favourite muffins.


INGREDIENTS
 280g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
115g caster sugar
175g chocolate smashed into .5cm (ish) chunks
2 eggs
250mls milk
85g melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method
Pre-head oven to 200 degrees
Grease and put paper cups in muffin tray (12ish)
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Stir in sugar and chocolate
Lightly beat eggs and add milk, melted butter and vanilla.
Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients remember not to over mix - just combine.
Put the mixture into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 20 minutes  - or until the muffins begin to look golden.

Cool, remove and enjoy.
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Oh boy - what has happened to all my headers??? Anyone know what is up up with photobucket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to my blogs the other day too Caz, it should resolve in a couple of hours. ☺

    Great recipe, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Caz! These look delish!
    I don't know what the deal is with photobucket but I've seen these 'you image will be back soon' notices everywhere today. Hopefully it will be fixed ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's across the blogosphere. I've noticed it on quite a few blogs today.
    Those muffins look delish, Caz! I always cook our muffins in a mini muffin tin, so if Ella asks for more than one I don't have to say ``no''!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same thing going on with 'photobucket'. I've never seen it before..I guess it is what they say it is..that they're working on it! Welcome back..hope your four day holiday was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies - just had a hop around and I see, as you say, there are a few around. Kellie - fabulous idea - must buy a minnie muffin tray :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo I like the look of these! I think the fact that you actually smash choccie into chunks, rather than using the standard 'chips' is very appealing. Who needs a tiny smidge of choccie, when you can have a CHUNK!
    This is on the roster for next time I bake :o) Thanks Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum ~ sounds delish!!

    muffins are so easy and fun to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, that's tomorrow's baking session taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh they sound great and I know my kids will love them! Definitely cooking some of these up this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what we'll be having for morning tea this weekend :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh these look yummy!!
    I have printed out the recipe and will be cooking them on the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz