Friday, April 29, 2011

The Easter Egg Brownie Challenge



The other day I was offered a challenge that involved chocolate, Easter eggs and brownies - now how could I possibly say no to that.  The challenge was to make the above super delicious Easter egg brownies and use the new Finish Quantum Dishwasher tablets in my dishwasher to see if they could clean the baking dish like new. With very little hesitation from my part I agreed. Because brownies are yum and as I shared recently I love a good cleaning product (Danger Will Robinson - domestic geek alert.)



A lovely parcel of goodies arrived at my doorstep Wednesday (including the baking dish).  After standing at Penny and Benny's (our resident googie laying chookens) roost door begging for eggs for several hours yesterday I eventually sent the Dear One off on his Motorbike to buy me some supermarket  eggs.


Eggs in hand the two littlest pinks and I set to work.   Melting the chocolate and butter.



We added the sugar, eggs and flour before all having a lovely sticky chocolaty mix of the bowl.



Then for the fun part!  Twenty carmel Easter eggs got unwrapped before 18 of them were pressed into the brownie batter.  (Now whatever did happen to those two missing eggs little pinks?)



And 25 minutes later this is what we took out of the oven.   The smell was sensational - right through the house! 

And now for a little brownie eye candy.



And please let me assure you they tasted just as good as they look - and don't they look good.  Decadent would be an appropriate word I think!



And now for the rest of the challenge.  I loaded the baking dish into our dishwasher and popped a Finish Quantum  table in.  I turned on our normal dishwasher setting and pressed start before wandering off to find some other task to keep me occupied for a while (and distracted from the still warm stash of brownies.)


As you can see the dish came out perfectly clean and sparkly - as did the rest of the dishes loaded in there.  (But I do wish the dish had been a little more 'baked on' to give Quantum a real test out. Next time I undertake a challenge like this I'll be sure to make much more mess!)




RECIPE
Decadent Easter Egg Brownies

Ingredients
125g unsalted butter
200g Dark chocolate - chopped.
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs - lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour - sifted
Caramel Easter Eggs - 20ish
Cocoa powder - to serve/dust with

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degree & spray baking dish.
Melt butter & chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.  Make sure the  bowl doesn't touch the water as this will burn the chocolate.
Cook stirring, for 2-3 minutes until smooth and combined.  Remove from heat and stir in sugar thoroughly. 
Set aside for 5 minutes.
Stir in beaten eggs and flour.
Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
Press in Easter eggs (or maybe caramel chocolate bits)
Bake for 25 minutes or until Brownie is firm to touch.
Cool in dish and then cut into squares of an appropriate size for you.
ENJOY
Photobucket

If you would like a free sample of the new Finish Quantum tablet to try out for yourself  email your name and postal address to finishsamples@handlingmatters.com.au

All opinions expressed in the post are my own. I received no payment for this post, however I was given the challenge package with all of the ingredient and baking dish. 

12 comments:

  1. Okay, right now feeling quite distressed that I didn't know about this recipe before. Seeing all this yumminess is just torture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Becky - but just think, I still have them in my pantry!! Back away from the pantry Mummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the Easter egg idea in the brownies..extra deliciously decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr SJW would be in heaven... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the finish brownie challenge too - they were yummo. My dish came up sparkling too.

    I only had 16 eggs in my packets ...unless someone pinched them when I wasn't looking.

    I'm making it again but cutting the eggs in half.
    I can't wait till I get my own chooks .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm Hmmm, I can taste it from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG yum!! I'd love to try it with those creme eggs. Not that I'm into easter, just chocolate:P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, yummmm!!!! That looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummmmm,*drools* Just reading this made a little fatter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. STOP. IT. I have OD'd on choccie this week, but seeing those brownies I am now craving more of the good stuff ;o)
    Gorgeous recipe and pics to match.
    P.S. How cute that 2 eggs went missing, isn't that always the way when making yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was reading this thinking "she better have included the recipe" and you did! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz