Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mummy Bloggers Day


Mother's day, along with my birthday, are my days off.  Two days a year that I get to put my feet up and, to the best of my families abilities, relax.   It's not a day of big presents.  In fact purchased presents for parental days are not allowed here.  In all honesty I prefer the handmand cards, handprints, poems and soggy love filled bowls of  wheatbix - because I know they come straight from the heart. (Sorry to sounds all pollyanna on you there. I'd probably change my mind for an Iphone, Apple Mac laptop or a Coffee Machine!) 


We've  actaully tried to make a bit of a stand on this one and are choosing to shun the commercial side of mother (and father's) day as much as possible.  Rather I just get to enjoy being a little (or hopefully a lot) lazy - and not feel guilty.  No mothers guilt for me today!   I'm allowed to say 'ask Daddy' as many time as I like and don't have to cook, clean or do the other mummy jobs that normally fill my days.  Oh yes, blessed is me on Mother's day.

Whatever Mother's Day means to you my lovely bloggy mummy friends I hope you enjoy it and get spoilt silly,
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. This is how mothers day used to be here, too. But this morning i made my own coffee after sorting out breakfast for the kids. I made hubby's coffee too. I can now hear him wrapping presents. He's
    forgotten what its about. Sigh. But i will be grateful and gracious as he shows his love differently than i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A no cooking, no cleaning, 'ask daddy' kinda day sounds like just about the best gift there is, Caz! Happy day to you... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style of thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy Caz! i hope you get the squishiest of hugs & sloppy kisses all day long ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy mothers day Caz, hope you get smothered in cuddles from your little pinks. Feet up and a cup of tea sounds lovely to me xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, it's all handmade gifts (think crepe paper flowers on straw stems) over here & i'm making them pancakes. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy mothers' day to you too! My fave day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amen for a day of laziness! although i think i'm being kidnapped for a picnic on top of a mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds perfect to me! Happy Mother's Day, Caz! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get all the homemade or handmade goodies you can handle today! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great, Caz! My little one is too little for homemade gifts, so I got breakfast in bed and hubs printed out a photo and put it in a frame (same pressie for me, his mum and my mum). Love the homemade stuff much more than anything - I'm hanging out for my first macaroni necklace x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Caz! Hope you lazed it up and had plenty of little wait staff to keep you smiling :o)
    Happy Mother's Day xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Handmade gifts are the best. Now that my children are older, I am spoilt with fresh brunch and simple gifts and they buy me lunch. Just spending the day with them is perfect for me.
    Hope you enjoyed putting your feet up!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you on that. I love my cards the most of all and Daddy has been delegated to do everything I don't feel like..... which is just about everything today :P

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you are so lucky to get spoiled. I am desperate for a sleep in, but no such luck in my household. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Mothers Day. I think the "Ask Daddy" present is the best present you could have! Hopefully hubby will have the day off next year so I can ask for that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds lovely! I did far too much work, brought it all on myself though as I invited all the families to our house this year. I loved spending time with everyone though.
    thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just coming back to tell you that I gave you the Kreativ Blogger award here http://muminsearch.com/2011/05/awards-and-blog-love/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz