Friday, May 6, 2011

A little bit of bragging about a blogger brunch

Thanks to  Kids Business and Room to Grow  today I attended the Melbourne Blogger Brunch and let me tell you it was a fabulous morning.  I'm so glad I made the effort to get up early, organised and down to Melbourne.  Despite struggling to understand the parking regulations and taking ages to find an actual park I even made it there on time.  Yay for me.


The theme of the day for me was spelled out beautifully by the lovely Allie of Motivating Mums who told us that the biggest obstacle for women in business/blogging is lack of confidence - or in other words ourselves.  How true!  I can't tell you how many times I've dreamed big and then shrunk back in a fit of self doubt.  The speakers certainly showed what can be achieved when you override self doubt and move forward with your dreams. 

Perhaps the best thing about the Blogger Brunch was the chance to meet some of the fabulous bloggers I follow in real life.  It was an almost surreal experience putting faces and voices to these women I've been reading so much about.  I met to many fabulous women to mention now in my travel tired state - but let me assure you I loved meeting everyone of you.

Of cause we also got a lovely goodie bag and some opportunities to interact with companies wishing to promote their goods.  The little pink peoples eyes nearly popped right out of their heads when I walked in the door.


And that my friends is a very brief idea of what our day was like.  Thank you so much to Kids Business and Room to Grow for a fabulous day.  Thank you so much to the fellow bloggers I met today - it was inspiration, enjoyable and just a whole lotta fun!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day!

    And you or sound I say your kids certainly scored with the goodie bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fabulous event to be part of :) I'm inspired to find the passion again for my blog, suspect that is where my recent bout of writers block as come from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic that you had some time to yourself. And a goodie bag too. That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun wasn't it - love catching up with fellow Mummy Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you were able to go and meet up with some awesome bloggers. How great that you came home with treats for the kids - love it!

    Love the advice. Greatly needed.
    Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome way to spend the day! Where did you find out about the event? I want to go to one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Caz! I had as much fun as all the mums and I was working there! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That is some goodie bag there! Looks like you and the pinks all came out winners today :o) Good for you Caz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great opportunity. And always love an excellent goodie bag! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at those goodies!!!! And you got a day away. Win-win :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so loved meeting you - even if you couldn't tell!! Hopefully, we will get to catch up again when I CAN talk. Great round up xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how gorgeous was your day! And you got to meet so many bloggers! I must confess I'm a little jealous you all got to meet each other. Perhaps next time ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my posts - they really are like sunshine on a cloudy day! If you're a new follower to The Truth About Mummy please leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back. Thanks ..... Caz